How to Create a Multi-Functional Room
WELL-DESIGNED ROOMS OFFER FLEXIBILITY AND COMFORT
Use lighting to define spaces within a room, in particular when you have an open floor plan.
Invest in storage furniture to keep your space from looking cluttered, and don't overlook vertical space.
HELPFUL TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND
- Use lighting to define spaces within a room. A chandelier over a dining room table, a wall sconce next to a reading chair, or bedside lamps around a bed can create zones within a room.
- Storage is everything. To keep your space from looking cluttered, invest in furniture with storage for smaller items.
- Don’t overlook vertical space. If you have tall ceilings, think about how you can use vertical space for storing anything from books to a media center.
- Think multi-functional or fold-away furniture. Folding chairs or a murphy bed can be easily put away when not in use, or a large computer screen could double as a TV.
INTERESTING ROOM IDEAS
When using your creativity, the ideas for interesting, multi-functional rooms are endless:
- A tub in your bedroom: By properly distancing the tub from the bed, you can pull off this look.
- A music corner in your living or dining room: Downsizing your furniture can create space for playing your favorite musical instrument.
- Your child’s playroom in the bedroom: With plenty of storage, you can keep the bedroom neat and organized when it’s time to sleep.
When your child's bedroom is also the playroom, add plenty of storage so it's easy to cleanup when it’s time to sleep.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
We will happily meet you in-person at your home or on a call to discuss window covering options. Please pick a convenient date and time and we will be there with all the samples needed to make a decision.
We look forward to working with you to make your window covering project easy and your home beautiful!