Decorating with Antiques
ADD DEPTH AND PERSONALITY TO YOUR INTERIORS
Have you inherited an antique from a favorite relative or purchased a vintage piece from a local flea market or on a foreign vacation? Not sure how to integrate it into your home design? Don’t despair.
Antiques and vintage items can be added to any decorating style beautifully – and you’ll be saving a family heirloom or preserving a special memory. The surprise influence of an antique adds depth to a room and helps make the décor more interesting.
Antiques can be added to any decorating style.
HOW TO ADD ANTIQUES TO YOUR DÉCOR
Here are some best practices for adding antiques to your interior decorating plan:
- Add just a few antique items to make a room feel layered and personal.
- Adding too many pieces can make your room look chaotic or junky – or even like a museum, instead of a home!
- Collections of vintage objects can make a beautiful art display, on walls, shelves, tables or in specially designed cases.
Adding just a few antique items makes a room feel layered and personal.
REPURPOSE ANTIQUES AS UNIQE HOME ELEMENTS
Think about using antique items for a different purpose or putting them in an unexpected place:
- A vase can be repurposed as a beautiful lamp.
- A large serving dish can be made into a planter.
- A buffet table can be used as a bedroom dresser.
- A couple of dining chairs can be moved into the bedroom to create a reading nook.
- A bedroom bureau can be repurposed as a beautiful entry room anchor piece.
- A mirror can be hung in almost any room.
Repurpose an antique desk as a vanity.