Creating a Spa Bathroom
SOAK YOUR STRESS AWAY
We all love a beautiful spa bathroom when we’re on a luxury vacation. Why not enjoy that luxury every day of the year, while we’re at home, too?
You can create a spa experience in any size bathroom, although bigger is almost always better!
Think neutral or calming colors, because they lend themselves to the serenity you’d like for a spa retreat. Also consider coordinating colors with your master bedroom for a seamless transition from sleep to serenity.
WHERE TO START
Here’s where you can start:
- New sinks, countertops and backsplashes
- Exquisite new hardware, including pulls, handles and faucets
- A soothing paint color that makes you feel calm
- Soft and luxurious bath textiles, including towels, bath rugs and bathrobes
- An elegant vanity, preferably a double vanity if you have room
- Stunning framed mirrors, instead of frameless wall-to-wall mirrors
- Layered lighting for both function and beauty
- Maybe even a skylight to bring in natural light
IDEAS FOR ADDING COMFORT
Even more ideas to enhance your spa experience include:
- A beautiful, elegant soaking tub
- A steam shower
- Plenty of towel racks, and even heated towel warmers
- Soaps, scrubs, lotions and fragrances that please YOU
- Beautiful smelling candles and aromatherapy
- A built-in bench or movable chair or stool
- Built-in storage, to keep chaos to a minimum and maintain a zen calm feeling
Plan for a master bathroom makeover this season – you can’t help but slow down and relax.