Decorating with Deep Blue Accents
CREATE A FEELING OF POSITIVITY
Deep blue window treatments create a calm feel in this bathroom.
Deep blue pairs well with neutrals, such as white, and also with complementary warm tones, such as copper.
CONSIDER THESE COLOR COMBINATIONS
Deep blue works as a beautiful accent with neutrals such as grey, ivory, white and beige, and it even pairs well with lighter shades of blue. On the cool side of the color spectrum, deep blue is beautiful when combined with periwinkle, lavender and pink.
Deep blue can also help to bring attention to other colors in a room, especially complementary warm hues, such as copper, rust, tangerine, lemon, and ochre.
WHERE TO USE DEEP BLUE ACCENTS
Consider using a deep blue tone in the following ways:
– In striped, plaid or gingham patterns
– For a dramatic accent wall in your powder room or foyer
– Paired with soft and gauzy white fabrics for a summer décor
– To create a nautical or beachy theme
– To build an Asian look with ceramic stools, lamps and vases
– To invent a Moroccan style with patterned tile, fabrics and rugs
Create peacefulness in your interior plan this year by adding a touch of deep blue
Combining a deep blue striped rug and patterned pillows with white furnishings creates a summery theme.